As pictured above, each palette has the "Crush Cosmetics" label on the front (I stuck a little 88W or 88S colour sticker so I could distinguish between the two). Although on the back of each is a small silver sticker "88W" for the Warm Palette or "88P" for the Shimmer Palette.
The palette/s come in a black box with the ingrediants listed on the back, & the expiry date.
When opening the palette there is a slight aroma, similar to "olive oil", but this is not unpleasant & I cannot smell this on the actual eyeshadows.
As shown in the pictures right & below, the colour range is mostly earthy from off-whites, greys/silvers, camo colours on the far left. Then moving into creams, a few berrys & sand & deep brown shades centre to far right.
The 88 Crush Cosmetics Palette has a variety of matte & shimmery shades & would be useful for those wanting an everyday eye look palette for neutral to gentle smokey eye looks.
I have only seen pictures & footage in reviews/blogs but the palette does look a lot like the 88 Neutral Palette from Coastal Scents but I am happy that I can finally get an 88 palette locally!
Left & below:
Closer shots of the 88 Crush Cosmetics Warm Palette
The eye shadows are softer & more powdery than some of my other "higher end brands" that I have tried, such as MAC or Nars. Some are even softer in consistency than Stila or Benefit shadows & are a bit "chalky".
However the quality of most of the eyeshadows are very good for the price. I bought the palettes on sale for about $27.95 which works out to approximately less than $0.32 each. Full price is $34.95 working out at less than $0.40 for each pan.
The size of the pans are about 15mm in diameter which for those of you in Australia is smaller than a 5 cent piece. However the pans do not seem very shallow & there is a fair amount in each one. There is also several shades in the palette/s that are very similar.
The texture & pigmentation in the 88 Warm Palette is similar to some other "lower end" brands I have like NYX & elf, BYS, Australis, Models Prefer & TCW.
Right: Close up of bottom centre colours that I have used both matte & shimmery shades
Below: Close up of colours bottom far right of the 88 Warm Palette
As the name suggests all the 88 shadows in the palette are shimmery. The list of ingrediants & expiry sticker on the box is the same as the 88 Warm Palette.
When opening the palette there is also the same "olive oil" scent but I could not smell this when using the eyeshadows.
Above: When opening the palette the colours appear very intense & from left to right colours range from golden hues to greens, blues, berrys, purples, pinks, reddy orange, greys & browns.
Below: Close up of palette bottom left
The eyeshadows are quiet soft & smooth & blend very nicely. Although the bright colours tend to leave a bright stain on the brush it is very easy to remove when spot cleaning or deep cleaning.
The texture of the shadows reminded me of Stila, Benefit, NYX, elf & Chi Chi brands although the pigmentation is not as intense as the colour first suggests.
I did a swatch of three colours the brightest dolly pink (row 7, far right of the palette), the green bottom right of the palette & the blue (row 7, bottom right). I did these with my fingers to show as best I could the texture & the colour intensity of the shadows. (Yes, I cleaned my hands but with the natural oils & surface area it won't really look like this on the eye). So I would recommend using a eye lid primer or good base with these colours if you want the intensity of the colours.
Right: Close up of the bottom far right but the colour
is washed out here.
Last Thoughts...
Overall for the price of this palette I am quite satisfied with the quality. It will not replace my other "higher end' shadows but will be a great addition to my eye shadow range & I can work the colours of both palettes with all my other brands. It will also be great to take the palettes if I am travelling away for a while & want to do a lot of different looks, for work or play.
Hi sweetie, love the palettes, the colours look great!! I have finally had a chance to post a few things on my blog in between studying. I have bought a few mega cheap palettes from Ebay and Amazon which I will blog about when I get more time again!! Best Wishes!!
ReplyDeleteLots of great close up pictures here! Have any of your pans fallen out of the palette? This has started happening to my 88 palettes recently. It's easy to fix, but surprised me at first.
ReplyDelete