Monday, August 16, 2010

Favourites: Body Beauty Products I am loving to Beat the Winter Blues









Body Beauty Products I am loving
to Beat the Winter Blues


She's Back!

Ok I thought since I have been MIA for so long I would do a biggish update of all the body goodies that have been keeping me going for the last few & rather cold months...

Those of you who follow me on You Tube may have seen some reviews on these goodies but some of these products I haven't even mentioned in my hauls!!

Sukin Organics

First off I am into Sukin Organics available at Priceline & most pharmacies or online at www.sukinorganics.com.au I have been using the range for about 3 months now & am loving the Facial Moisturiser, Hydrating Body Lotion, Hand & Nail Cream & Hydrating Mist Toner.(RRP ranging from $9.99 - $13.99AU)

You can check out my review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i72zmwSCHRI

I am still using the range & debating whether to try the Facial Mask or the hair care products - stay tuned as I will post up any new additions! (After IMATS mid September I plan to cut down any unnecessary hauling of body products & concentrate on using what I have...well we shall see!)

Olive by Langlois Australia
As for the next brand that has been topping my "go-to" list for the cold months here in Australia has been an Australian owned & made brand - Olive by Langlois Australia. A range of products containing Extra Virgin Olive Oil made on the grove & pressed on their very own cold press.

You can pick up the range at a variety of pharmacies & health food stores listed at the site or buy from their online store http://www.olivebylanglois.com/ezimerchant/index.htm

I was impressed by the free shipping over $20 for purchases in Australia (normally sites will have a minimum $40 spend or up to $100 before postage is waived). Also for a limited time they have a special purchase offer available based around the video overview I did a few weeks ago on the Design Your Own range & lip balms I mentioned.















Check out the news at Olive by Langlois & this offer on their home page http://www.olivebylanglois.com/home.html











My review -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gNngcd5T_0

I have also picked up a few more goodies as pictured below: Dewberry + Walnut Face & Body Scrub, & the Moisturising Cleansing Bar - paid for by myself - while the Anti-bacterial Scrub was kindly supplied by Vici from Olive by Langlois. I will be doing a full review of the Creams & Lotions as well as these cleansers in a few weeks time as well as the lip balms that I love Musk, Vanilla & Lavender. You can also pick up the lip balms from www.addicted2lipbalm.com.au for all those discerning lippie product lovers out there!



















The goodies below I haven't reviewed yet but I love them so!

Who Goo? It's MooGoo!


I saw a post by Jadegrrrl www.youtube.com/user/jadegrrrl & she praised the benefits of MooGoo moisturiser for her skin. The name alone intrigued me & I had a looksie at the site www.moogoo.com.au have products adapted from a cream that was originally designed to help heal cows udders...well that is a condensed version you can check out the background on the site! But I have so far been loving the rich velvety "milky goodness" of the Full Cream MooGoo. I got this from a Health Food Store for $12.95AU

Next!

I'm wearing a grin so I think it's a Win!
Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

Now looking at the photo above you can see that is a sample satchel & indeed I have "debagged" (um, well that's the best "word" I could come up with!) the sample & put it in a little pot. It was a rather generous 5ml sample that we each received when we had a little Youtuber get together a few weeks ago from the Kiehl's counter in the city.

I can't stand the mess that is made from sample bags & the fact that you can't seal it again so I got a little spatula & scooped out every little bit I could & put it in a sterile screw top container. I am happy to report it is keeping it nice & moist. I should hope so since to buy the full size (15ml) is $52AU & I am enjoying the sample so much! I find it very soft & creamy & goes on nicely under the delicate eye area.

I have never had particularly dry under eyes but I do find that during the colder months the fine lines & skin is heavier when I am wearing makeup. But since wearing this product under my concealer or correctors it looks much more natural & the skin feels so soft & appears much smoother!

Body America

Next for a bit of scented yumminess for the body I have picked up a few products from the aptly named Body America - Organics with Attitude purchased at Total Beauty Network - www.tbn.com.au The range has that 50's glamour with creatively named & sensually scented products.

There are four lines so elegantly named & equally fruity: Southern Belle ( Peach + Mango), Toast to the Coast (Ocean + Grape seed), New York Cheesecake (Vanilla + Strawberry) & Vermont Va Va Voom (Green Apple, Maple & Blueberry)

Since I love anything mentioning green apples, I couldn't resist trying the Vermont Va Va Voom line. A wild but sweet mix in the Refreshing Body Mist & the Body Butter Pump (also available in each of the scented lines are a Lip Butter, Shower Mousse & a Body Butter Tub)




I will be doing a proper review on these products later in the month & hopefully will have a chance to pick up some of the other lines!

Now to something less elegant - E Creams & Ointments!

It seems in the colder months I reach for products that are for dry skin, blemishes & for scratches. So far over I have been using Invite Vitamin E Cream for my dry skin or Roskin skin repair Vitamin E Cream both 100g tubes available at Priceline, department stores & I have even seen in the grocery stores.


They both claim to be "high potency/concentrated formulas" & have been handy for clearing up dry patches quickly (but so has the MooGoo!) that happens since all I am wearing are clothes that reveal as little skin as possible!


Also pictured to the left is Luca's Papaw Ointment. I actually mentioned this in my favourite products for July http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6cnlUZfY8

The ointment is essentially a local product of fermented Papaya & I have found it great for cuts & scratches I have been getting on my hands since I have been a clumsy clots (plus is has been great for my cuticles too!)




What an Ego...

Lastly but definitely not least is some products from Ego Pharmaceuticals - Sun Sense daily face Invisible Tint (with SPF 30+) & the QV Naked Deodorants.

I like to wear tinted moisturisers that have SPF under my makeup or on it's own & it doesn't matter that it is winter, I still want protection from the UVA & UVB. The Daily Face from SunSense gives a nice light layer of moisturiser & SPF protection through out the day.


It is a pretty cheap but nice formula (matt finish & oil free) that is available at Priceline, most chemists, department stores & grocery stores. I like the 30g tube but there is also 100 & 200 pumps available. RRP ranging from $7-9AU.

Also during the colder months no excuse not to keep deodorised! The QV Naked range has Biosorb Crystals & I have been using the - Fragrance + Aluminium Free Deodorant (white lid) & my hubby has been using the Anti-Perspirant that is alcohol free (blue lid). This is about $4-$5AU & is available at Priceline, most chemists & grocery stores.




2 comments:

  1. Great to see your post! I am adding the Olive by Langlois to my wishlist , they sould like great products. The QV products are definitely great, I use them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Hows the moogoo haven't tried the full cream one yet, still loving their anti aging and msm ones though. I must try the qv naked deoderant, I like to use ones that are aluminium free :)

    ReplyDelete