Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Overview: A Hair Tale - Argan Oil



Oh Hair, Oh Hair has another month gone?!
An Argan Oil Tale...

Well...finally doing a post. How can it have been a month since my last one? Where, oh where has the time gone? Then again I am usually updating YouTube but I have seriously missed blogging.

I decided to do a post on a product that I have only been road testing for 5 nights (well I picked it up Saturday, used it that night & have used it everyday since including tonight!).

Now, I know that this is not really long enough to really put a product through its paces, especially a haircare product. BUT my goodness I have never had such a noticable response to a hair product...& frankly & I even loving it more than my most beloved Andrew Collinge Perfect Endings, TRESemme Heat Tamer, & Schwarzkopf Nutri-Protect Leave in Conditioner (pictured below).
My Beloved Trio of hair care

In fact, this newly acquired product is like a combination of all three...the visible & effects that is. Now, cue drum-roll....dun da da daaaaa!! It is the Agadir Argan Oil Spray Treatment (yes, I do love spray treatments!)

Agadir Argan Oil Spray Treatment, 150 ml

This is the 150ml bottle that I picked up at SA Hair, Nail & Beauty Supplies for $23.95 which also comes boxed with an Argan oil Hair Treatment sample (7.5ml).

Now the beloved trio I mentioned before would have cost that for all three of the products & I did baulk a little at the price for one item. However, with encouragement from Jade (aka jadegrrrl on YouTube as she has tried Argan oil before) I decided it was worth a go.

It is in a pump bottle & is alcohol free, is not tested on animals & the dark amber coloured bottle is also recycable (can I get three hoorahs?). It is also 100% Certified Argan Oil. To see more on the range you can visit the site http://www.agadirint.com/

I have seen many a review raving about the wonders of Argan oil which is produced from the nuts of the Argan Tree (argania spinosa) that is native to Morocco. The oil is supposedly rich in Vitamin E, Omega's & essential fatty acids good for conditioning, hydrating & hydrating dry damaged hair. No surprise then that my hair is the dreaded double d's! Not to mention known to frizz dramatically in hot humid (& stormy) weather like we are experiencing now.

The directions tout to spray on damp hair, comb & style or spray over styled hair for a silky shine. It also states on the bottle that it protects against "heat appliance & chemical damage". Well I haven't died or lightened my hair recently but I have indeed blow dried & hot ironed it.

The first night I got it I only had an hour to get ready to go to dinner so I thought I would try & use it to revitalise my slightly damp hair. (It had been raining & I hoped I could style it quickly). So I sprayed it lightly onto my hair midway through my hair to the ends only brushing it through & then gave a quickblow dry & brush.


Ok this is not a comparison shot of my hair but I wanted to fill in the space so for a laugh I popped in a shot of me getting my hair done by the lovely Romeo on my wedding day...he is a great hairdresser!

Well, much to my amazement my hair felt very silky (at least in comparison to what it had felt like a few minutes beforehand!) & was very shiny. I wanted to do one of those shampoo adds & flick my hair around under some bright lights. But I didn't have time for that so I had to finish getting ready.

I almost didn't put on any perfume as the spray itself is fairly potent a sweet yet musky fragrance which reminds me quite a lot of Cacharel's Lou Lou (the light blue bottle that I used to wear in college).

When I was out to dinner with the hubby he actually mentioned how shiny my hair looked. That does not happen often (e.g. uninvited compliments about my hair & I was still in shock how quickly it made a difference!) I am usually pretty skeptical about claims of products & normally like to try products for at least a full month before I truly get to appreciate the effects.

But since I was so immeditately impressed I have kept using it, thinking it may have been because my hair was so "down" that day & the effect I thought I was seeing was merely because it was just something different on my hair than the old "routine". (To get an idea of my hair "routine" check out my old youtube post, well before I discovered Andrew Collinge Perfect Endings...view link here)

So needless to say I have since used it everyday but I still haven't even missed reaching for my "beloved trio" when I was drying & styling my hair no matter what shampoo I have used.

I haven't even reached for my back up heat styling product - istyle by samy Hot Iron Spray (which I interchange with the TRESemme Heat Tamer), any other treatments or any of my league of hydrating, frizz taming or deep conditioners.

Each time I use it whether during styling or as a spray & "shine" my hair feels softer, looks "shiner & healthier" & smells pretty good too. So although it is early days yet to see any longer effects, I wanted to say that I am currently loving this product. I will do a full review in a few months time on my youtube channel & also on here so stayed tuned!

Also a blog & Youtube link love shout out to the lovely ladies that we met up on Saturday when I got this lovely product...

Jadegrrrl (Jade)
Beeneelicious (Sabine)
Beatideas (Holly)
Swatchgirl (Lara)
Vulcanellaxo (Anita)
GillPill (Gilly)


3 comments:

  1. aww thanks for sharing the love

    i like the tresemme heat protectant too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I still love the argan oil, going to try and get some of the pure/organic stuff next pay hehe (I hear the pure stuff is great for your skin too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like an awesome product!! I've been getting into the Schwarzkopt products lately, similar to the spray you have - atm I'm trying Extra Care Deep Nutrition Shea Cashmere leave in lotion, it's amazing stuff! I find all the SK stuff smells great too.

    Not sure if I could handle the scent you described on this product! But I love that it's alcohol free etc. :)

    Would love to see an updated hair routine on YT! xo megs

    ReplyDelete