Natural/Organic Based Skincare Series
Over the recent months I have been enjoying a variety of natural based skin products. I will be doing a spotlight on my favourite product from a brand on my blog, as well as getting an insight into the brand from its creators. I will also feature a more indepth review on my Youtube channel.
Bahar Skincare

The first one in this organic skincare series will be Bahar Skincare of which I was kindly sent 5 products (plus a fan brush). Thanks to Joanne for giving me the opportunity to try the range as well as to nwa112 for requesting the review!
Inspiration Behind the Bahar Skincare Brand
The director Joanne Mananis was kind enough to give me an insight into the creation of the brand. When she developed the brand she was working as a Geologist & Environmental Scientist who became fascinated by the fact that so many natural clays & plant extracts absorbed vital minerals over thousands of years, in the "nutrient rich waters of the sea".

So appropriately the word Bahar is an arabic word meaning "the sea". The range of products contain Certified Organic ingredients, plant extracts, natural clays, botanical oils all of which are sourced from all over Australia. The ingredients are also from "renewable plant resources" which make the products "environmentally sustainable".
Bahar Skincare strives to present the products in their most natural form, such as in the dry clay face masks, but also do away with synthetic preservatives. They use natural preservatives that are not only the most costly but are also the most "gentle & effective" with a long shelf live of 2 years per product (prior to opening). After opening the products are viable for up to 6 months.
Bahar tries to show that you can use "purified earth minerals" to take out impurities but also protect & nourish the skin to maintain its health. "We try to educate our customers by explaining that skincare doesn't need to be complicated & that looking after your skin is about going back to nature & not moving further away from it".
So even in this age of using a range of serums & lotions in multiple step processes that seem so popular out on the beauty market, Bahar maintain that "our philosophy is about trying to convey the message that less is more".
Bahar Skincare Review & Product Highlight

(L-R): Bahar Skincare brochure, Soothing Chamomile Toner(100ml) $21.95AU/For normal to oily skin,
Soothing Cleansing Gel (100ml) $21.95AU/For normal to oily skin, Hydrating Face Cream (30ml) $29.95AU/For all skin types,
Antioxidant Eye Cream (20ml) $34.95AU/For all skin types, Go Green Mask (60g) $29.95AU/For Oily or blemished skin & Fan Brush $9.95AU
I tried the products pictured above for a full month in combination to see how they would react with my skin type (combination to oily) & you can watch the full review on my Youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arKBi3Ach4k
However my favourite product among them & my "product to highlight" is the Bahar Hydrating Face Cream (30ml). It retails for $29.95AU, is for all skin types & is enriched with marine extracts & green tea. There is no denying that I love using face creams & had high hopes before trying the Bahar one.
As you can see in the picture below it is a pump bottle which dispenses a small amount of face cream that I found more than sufficient to cover my face & neck area. I used it morning & night after I cleansed my face with the Soothing Cleansing Gel & the Soothing Chamomile Toner.

I am happy to say that I truly enjoyed the smooth, non-greasy face cream & indeed found it to be hydrating. It left my skin feeling silky & soft especially when used in combination with the toner before hand. (Which I found interesting because I am generally not one to use toners regularly but I admit I am still using it since finishing the "testing month" & am using it with the face cream as well as throughout the day even when I am just hanging out at home with my no-makeup face!)
I like the light "green tea" scent (well I am not entirely sure that is what the fragrance is as it is so gentle but it smells like yummy green tea to my nose). In fact, none of the products I tried are heavily scented which would be good for those sensitive to strong fragrances that some other botanical oil & plant extract based products out on the market may have.

Above: close up of ingredient list on Bahar Hydrating Face Cream
As I mention in my Youtube review, I love the glass packaging & as the pump top unscrews I will gladly reuse the bottle. All the products are contained in these lovely glass bottles which would make a luxuriously looking gift without that "luxury" price tag.
Although a whole routine of these products together might make for a heavier makeup bag when travelling you can simply repackage. Since the caps/lids/pumps are removable you can easily take what you need in a lighter travel bottle instead. Also as I said in my video post, the glass bottles do not appear to break easily either as my bottle of the Hydrating Face Cream & my tiled bathroom floor demonstrated one day!
My only negative on this product was that I wish there was more of it since I am almost finished it. But as I find the $29.95AU a reasonable price for a handmade, Certified Organic, plant derived product that has the bonus of being from an Australian owned & cruelty free company, it is definitely on my purchase list.
Please let me know any products you have tried from the Bahar Skincare range, or even any products on your natural skincare wish list.
I haven't tried this brand before but i'm very much into natural/organic products :)
ReplyDeleteso far on my list... I'm keen to try 100% pure make up... and vanessa megan skincare (<-- my friend bought an eye cream from an expo, now i regret not getting a jar of day dream, it's organic, affordable and yummy!! :):)
@Lily oooh I just checked out her website...the products look great...thanks!! ;-)
ReplyDelete