Time for another spot of haul sharing...
Beauty & Fashion Accessories
Indeed I have been busily acquring baby goodies & "mother" targeted skin care instead of my usual makeup collecting. However, I have recently picked up a few lip balms & some accessories. I mean why not keep the lips hydrated & healthy too plus get some nice but cheap fashion jewellery to perk me up?
I couldn't resist getting a few eos lip balms when I saw they were available at www.addicted2lipbalm.com.au & then ended up getting a few more little goodies.

(L-R): eos lip balms, Organic Essence Lip Balm grapefruit & Figs & Rouge Balm in geranium
I adore the cute little eco tube on the lip balm by Organic Essence which is a paper, bio-degradable tube that you can simply press the end of the product to push the balm up. It is also simply made of beeswax, sunflower oil, shea butter, cocoa butter & flavours.
The Figs & Rouge balm comes in such a gorgeous tin I am keeping it tucked away in my handbag and it applies well to the lips as well as to the body for a light scent of geranium & rose. A lovely little topic starter when you whip it out & start applying it to your pulse points & then the lips! (with clean hands of course)

(L-R) eos Medicated Tangerine (good for cracked lips &/or cold sores) & my fave Summer fruits
Addicted 2 Lip Balm recently started selling the eos lip balms which I had been seeing in so many reviews & hauls on Youtube & just had to try. There are 5 in the range but I picked up the two deliciously fruity sounding Medicated Tangerine & the Summer Fruits of which the latter has now made its new home in my handbag as well for easy application when I am out & about. Plus I admit, I love the packaging & the attention it gets when I get it out.
Fashion Jewellery - a little Pick me Up
Two of my favourite places to pick up affordable & nice quality jewellery are
Sportsgirl & Colette Accessories (albeit I also love Myer for their range of fashion jewellery especially at sale time!)

(L-R): Silver Black & Crystal Jaguar earrings, Owl Silver & Red Studs & Silver Dove studs
I have loved perusing the jewellery section in Sportsgirl for the last few years as they always seem to have quirky & cheap little earrings that can be dressed up or worn to jazz up a casual outfit. I fell in love with the three pairs above, especially the jaguar black & crystal stoned silver earrings that I ended up wearing to dinner that night & felt very glam in them...plus they were only $12.95. The owl earrings were $9.95 & the silver dove studs were a reasonable $7.95 & I am even sporting these as I type this post.
I also have been very impressed with Sportsgirls growing makeup range. It appears everytime I go in there another item has been added to their collection or much to my delight discountinued & marked down.

(L-R): LIghten Up Lip Gloss It Girl & Butter Dream B/Butter in Marshmallow
I picked up the "It Girl" Lighten Up Gloss for $6.95 (regular price of current line is $9.95) but there was a load of discontinued nail polishes, lip liners, powder blushes & other goodies that I just had to walk away from (to easy to get carried away with red mark down stickers & buying everything in sight, plus if I wait a little longer stock will mark down further).
There was also a selection of body butters but the only scent that caught my absolute attention was the Marshmallow body butter ($9.95). I adore the MOR Marshmallow range, especially the Marshmallow body butter but at $29.95 it is something I have only splurged on once. I then found the LeChic Spa Body Butter in Marshmallow at a local grocery store which I thought was a reasonable smelling dupe at $9.99. But I admit the Sportsgirl Body Butter is a good rival for the MOR both in scent & texture so at $9.95 is a good scent bang for your said buck.

I also nabbed two simple but effective little "Love" rings as pictured above. One in silver & one in gold at $7.95 a piece which I thought would be a nice elegant way to add a bit of themed metal to my hands (yes I am one of those people who try to co-ordinate all gold or all silver accessories even down to the silver or gold detailing on the handbag!)
Goody Box from Coast to Coast
The hubby recently got back from a trip to Melbourne & surprised me with a lovely skincare box from Coast to Coast, (which is my valentines gift too.) It has five skincare goodies & a bath mit as pictured below. I have only tried the Desert Peach Lip Balm with Vitamin E, Avocado & organic olive oil - which smells just as divine as it feels on the lips!

(L-R), Rainforest range: Contour Leg Balm, Foot Exfoliant, Contour Body Balm, Invigorating Body Cleanser & Desert Peach Lip Balm...oh & the sea shell (!) can be purchased to put in the gift box (that also has to be purchased separately)
Admittedly he asked the sales assistant for products specially for his pregnant wife & she recommended all of these. The four body products state on the back that you should speak to your doctor if you are pregnant or your aromatherapist. Although it appears to be just a general precaution but I may consult my GP first, however I am not allergic to any of the ingredients or suffering any sensitivity at the moment but I may not go crazy in applying the Contour Leg Balm as it contains Caffeine.
I will do a review on the range once I have had a chance to enjoy them all
For more of the range visit: www.coasttocoastaustralia.com

One last little gem my hubby picked up was this cute trio of babushka printed glasses called "Babushkups" by Fred. They are adorable & yes, Babushka dolls as well as any Babushka embellished items are yet another thing which I collect! He got them for me to put "makeup stuff/business" in & stop using his own little collection of white Guzzini plasticware. Fair enough too & we are both happy ;-)

So many amazing goodies Tina! I love it all :D I can't wait to hear what you think of those lip products. I'll definitely be checking out Addicted 2 Lip Balm! Sounds like a very productive visit to Sportsgirl - I love stud earrings, especially animal designs lately. I've never tried Sportsgirl beauty or makeup products...could be dangerous! The Marshmallow scent sounds promising ;)
ReplyDeleteSo nice of hubby to get that Coast to Coast pack for you! Looks like fantastic quality :)
Thanks Megs!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteLol, love love lip balms!
Ha definitely had fun in Sportsgirl...love their jewellery & makeup (not to mention the sale rack!)
Mmm, sooo loving the marshmallow!
Now that I have had a chance to try the Coast to Coast is very nice quality & not too expensive either (ha ha he left the receipt in the catalogue but that way I can do a full review!)
Lol @ the receipt!! Hilarious :D I have been known to do that on occasion with family Christmas presents ;) Can't wait to see your review on those products! xo
ReplyDelete