
The Countdown Begins...

Yes fellow-beauty-loving-folks, it's finally the month where IMATS the International Make-up Artist Trade Show is coming to Australia! It will be the third time the illustrious beauty event will be housed at the Sydney Convention Centre, Darling Harbour on September 24 & 25th.
It will be the second year I will be attending but this time I will be part of the amazing ABBW - Australian Beauty Blogger Weekend - organised by Kimmi of The Plastic Diaries & Jacie You've Got Nail. I am looking forward to meeting a whole smorgasbord of bloggers & enjoying a weekend of exciting things in & around IMATS. Gee, can you tell I've been amped to go since last years?
Now if you haven't been before or want to see what you can expect at Sydney IMATS please check out my walkthrough of the 2010 Sydney IMATS show.

Also to give you an idea of the talent that is showcased at IMATS I also posted some snippets of the fantastic presentations that they had on offer at the 2010 event. I have to admit that this years line up look to be just as good!
One of the speakers I am looking forward to meeting is Elessa Jade of Pursebuzz.com. She is a popular beauty guru, better known on Youtube as Purzebuzz, who will be speaking on both mornings . Even though I'm sure she is flat out with her site as well as preparing for IMATS, Elessa was kind enough to answer a few questions I had. (Special thanks to the lovely Hannah at Polkadot PR for letting this happen)

Elessa Jade aka Purzebuzz
What got you started on Youtube?
If you are heading out to IMATS Elessa will be appearing over both mornings of Sept 24 & 25th. Nude Cosmetics presents Ella on the Saturday, "The Beauty of Getting Naked", which focuses on the bare & best kit essentials to have.
Elessa: Sea otter video on youtube. I watched the video realized you could upload videos online and so I showed a friend how to do her makeup. Then I realized my dream of an online magazine came to lifeWhat is the most inspirational thing you have learnt so far from your experience as a Beauty Guru?
What is the most inspirational thing you have learnt so far from your experience as a Beauty Guru?
Elessa: That it's true that knowledge is power. If you can teach others how to do things themselves it gives them confidence. Instead of paying someone to be your stylist you can do it yourself. I always heard my mom tell me this but I didn't really understand it till I started pursebuzzWhat is it that you love about IMATS & why is it so important for anyone interested in the world of beauty & makeup to attend?
Elessa: I love IMATS because it brings creative minds together for one love. Make Up! I think its important because it opens your eyes to new ideas, new makeup and just a whole new love and appreciation for beauty.On Sunday she is presented by Crown Brush, "Brush Essential Confidential", showcasing the ideal brushes to have & application techniques.
Stay bloggingating to check out my upcoming IMATS posts featuring interviews with two other amazing makeup artists that are also speaking over the IMATS weekend - the powerhouse that is Napoleon Perdis & the gorgeously talented Donna Mee.
Comment question: Are you going to IMATS this year? if so what are you looking forward to the most?

I'm excited too !!! :) I can't wait ! I'm really looking forward to the Inglot stall (have my eyes on the freedom system) and see whether the MAC stall will have their products priced a bit lower than usual :) Oh and I'm pretty sure I saw an Illamasqua stall on the floor plan so I'll definitely be checking them out too if they're there :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going on the Sunday, if I see you I'll be sure to say Hi !!
xx