Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Upcoming event - IMATS Sydney 2011 & Napoleon Perdis






It's Almost here - Sydney IMATS 2011!

Well, I had planned to have this post up last week in anticipation of the final weeks before IMATS Sydney. However, a stint in hospital put a stop to that, but definitely not to my excitement (or my determination) to go to the International Make up Artist Trade Show this coming weekend.

It is now only four sleeps away before I rock up to the Sydney Convention Centre at Darling Harbour along with tons of other beauty bloggers & Youtubers descending from all across the country for the Australian Beauty Bloggers Weekend, ABBW, all thanks again to Jacie (You've Got Nail) & Kimmi (The Plastic Diaries).

As I mentioned in my last post there are a slew of presentations I am looking forward to over the coming beauty weekend. One keynote speaker that I am particularly fascinated to see in action is the MUA powerhouse Napoleon Perdis whom I was lucky enough to meet him at his book singing for Forever Flawless in 2010.

I was also fortunate to get to ask Napoleon Perdis a few questions before he heads over to Sydney for his presentation on Saturday 24th September. (Thanks again to Hannah from Polkadot PR).


Napoleon Perdis

I enjoyed your book Forever Flawless, but for those who haven't yet picked it up, please try & sum up the best beauty tip that you can pass on to the everyday woman or man.

Napoleon: Not to prime is a crime! I've been saying it for years and it's my #1 beauty tip. In Forever Flawless, I referenced Brooke Shields saying "You know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing." And I have the same thinking on my primer - it's the only thing that comes between me and my makeup.


What beauty insights do you want to bring us at IMATS?

Napoleon: IMATS is like Christmas for professional makeup artists and it's such an honour to be a part of it. I will be sharing my intel on the art of face sculpting (there's a science to getting those perfectly carved-out cheekbones!), bridal and runway makeup, and how to stay inspired as an artist.

What is it that you love most about the world of beauty & makeup & why it is so important to you?

Napoleon: I love working within the realms of runway and reality. When I'm directing the makeup for shows at New York and Australian Fashion Weeks, I'm working with top designers to create and communicate the trends of the season. I like to stay fashion fit and runway relevant.

The real fun is in taking those trends and making it practical for everyday women to wear - even if it's a two-toned fuchsia and coral orange lip look! I've always been passionate about translating the directional into the doable.


However, if you cannot make it to IMATS this coming Saturday for his Get Inspired, Stay Inspired demonstration but are keen to see Napoleon Perdis in action check out his next MUA events here

Tickets are on pre-sale online until 22nd September otherwise you can purchase them at the door (unless sold out). Saturday 24th September 8:30am - 5pm & Sunday 25th September 10am - 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment