
Australian Beauty Bloggers Weekend
& IMATS Extravaganza
Well folks ABBW & IMATS wrapped up a week ago but I am still reeling from the absolute fabulousness of that weekend! In my recent posts you would have realised how giddy I was with anticipation in spending the 24th & 25th of September with (at least) 83 other beauty bloggers & revealing in the makeup, informative MUA presentations & shopping madness that is the International Make-up Artist Trade Show. As well as the beauty events that the powerhouses of organisation, Kimmi from The Plastic Diaries & Jacie of You've Got Nail, brought together with the ABBW sponsors! So here's the long-winded beauty-tale...

After we registered for ABBW at Novotel & received a lovely little welcome gift box from Garnier, (as above), we all headed over to IMATS at the Sydney Convention Centre, Darling Harbour. We had a good chance to check out the goodies on show & I managed to do a bit of hauling, blogger mingling & presentation watching.
Assembling at the Sydney Convention centre before all pilling into the make-up madness of IMATS



There was even a bit of pampering hosted by Royal & Langnickel brush just for us ABBW'ers - manicures, make up, delectable bites & even a wonderful gift. I got the R&L Silk GreenLine makeup brush set which I am already using & hope to get the review up after a month of testing.

(Top Right & left): At the Mani's & Makeup pamper session hosted by Royal & Langnickel
Play spot the beauty blogger & beauty gurus...to start - that's the lovely Kimmi
from theplasticdiaries getting glammed up! (top left)
That afternoon we rendezvous back at Novotel for the Beauty Directory Event. Jackie Maxted, the Managing Director of beautydirectory.com.au kicked it off & introduced us to some powerhouses behind some exciting brands - Lapurete, The Pure Therapy by Purist & TriShave.
Peter Vranes of Lapurete went over some of the benefits of the products & the wonder ingredient Okuru which is claimed to be "natures alternative to botox".

As pictured above, I picked up the Resurrection Night Cream which purports to "combat the ageing effects of dryness". As the products also target "sagging skin" & "expression lines", I am sharing the lotion with a friend with more "mature & drier skin" in order to review later.
I also was intrigued to try the recently launched Pure Therapy range by Purist after hearing about how it helps dry & sensitive skin conditions such as Eczema, Dermatitis & Psoriasis.
After my recent stint in hospital, & how sensitive some of my skin had become, I am very keen to try this range. I am certainly in need of these "natural products that have a theraputic effect". Purist are also responsible for other great skin & hair care brands such as A'kin & Al'chemy which are also chock full of natural ingredients.

Pure Therapy range (L-R): Repair Gel, Moisture Replenish Conditioner, Moisture Intense Body Cleanser, Body Moisturiser Intense & Extra Gentle Shampoo
Larissa of TriShave walked us through the development & benefits of the range & shared with us four of the "3 in 1" shave cremes & post shave moisturising products to try. My wonderful hubby is happily testing out the "men" targeted items & I hope to bring you his insight, along with my own, on the "women" formulated range.

TriShave: (L-R) Shave Creme for Women, UV Body Defense Post Shave Moisturiser for Women, Post Shave Moisturising Lotion for Men & the Anti-Rash Shave Creme for Men
We also had the opportunity to learn tips for building relationships between bloggers, PR companies & beauty brands from Jackie Maxted. Followed by a Q&A panel discussion with the ABBW organising queen Kimmi from ThePlasticDiaries.com & the editor of InStyle magazine Eleanor Pendleton.

We even had mini thought provoking discussions groups at our tables on different areas in blogging & working with PR companies. Our table's topic was the "do's & don'ts of working with us as bloggers". We also had a chance to introduce our blogs & contact details. It was here that I swore silently to myself to get some business cards (yep, about "bloggin' time) Seriously folks, this was an action packed 2 hours!
Thankfully we could relax & mingle afterwards, champers in hand, with the wonder-minds presented to us. I joined Bini from beeneelicious.com in chatting to Jackie Maxted & was overwhelmed at so many beauty bloggers mingling in one place!
Now, I have to say that, the rest of the "beauty booty" that was given by the wonderful sponsors was phenomenal. I sweetly swear, that my arms where going to break off under the sheer weight of the goody bags of products to try. I think I may be testing & reviewing the products for the next year - but what a year it will be! Check out my upcoming reviews in the ABBW Goody Bag Overview.
Unfortunately that's where day one ended for me. We were to assemble back after going to "glam & bling" ourselves up for the Maxted Thomas event & gala dinner at the Establishment. However due to some issues that presented themselves at my arrival home, in the form of one cranky little baby, I had to pull out. But I admit I have since lived vicarioulsy through the tweets & tales of others - yes I am so envious. It seemed like an amazing time was had by all...drool & double drool!
Luckily determination won out & I made it back for the second day of the ABBW. Join me for part two! & check out my IMATS post & haul.
Did you go to the ABBW &/or to IMATS Sydney? What was your favourite stand/event or presentation & which guru/MUA did you meet there?


Looks like this was a lot of fun :)
ReplyDeleteYes definitely was a blast!! Always great to catch up with fellow bloggers & ytubers...lol, I'll be reviewing forever! ;))
ReplyDeleteWas so nice to meet you at ABBW:)
ReplyDelete@emmabovary - You too!! hope you had a nice trip. Oh my gosh, is it bad to already be looking forward to next years?! ;-))
ReplyDelete