Friday, September 10, 2010

Favourites: Cream & Mousse Blush Products




Favourite Cream Blush Products


Youtube Overview link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbFST73H6bc


I love cream & mousse blush, either worn as a gentle hint of colour over my liquid foundations, or simply over a tinted spf moisturiser. I can sheer them out or layer them for a more dramatic flush of colour depending on the look I am trying to achieve.

I am certainly not limited to one brand & low or higher end does not matter to me. I just love the gentle sheen & feel of cream & liquid blushes. The colour palette I prefer are pinks, apricots & mauves that mainly give a matte or satin finish.

My favourite brands and colours are:

- Chi Chi Sheer Colour Cream: Love you Long Time & Va Va Va Voom

- NYX: 01 Rose Petal, 02 Natural & 11 Boho Chic

- MAC Blush Crème Brit Wit

- Red Earth: Illuminating Cream Blush: Summer Love & Pink Breeze

- L’Oreal HIP Blending Blendable Blushing Crème: #896 Enamoured

- Rimmel Mousse Blush: #005 Frozen Cherry

- Bobbi Brown Cream Blush Stick: #8 Dusty Mauve

- Stila Color Push-ups: Rose Flash

- Tarte Natural Cheek Stain: Green Siren

- Guerlain Divinora Bubble Blush: 00 Light Whisper


Above (left to Right): The NYX Rouge Cream Blush "Boho Chic", "Natural" & "Rose Petal". I purchased from www.crushcosmetics.com.au & I am pleased with the application (does not leave a greasy feeling).


Both the Chi Chi sheer colour creams are shimmery & can be used for highlighting & adding spots of colour to the face. Pictured above left is "Love You Long Time", right "Va Va Va Voom" (both are discontinued)

Pictured below: (left to right) Mac BlushCreme in "Brit Wit", L'Oreal HIP B/Blushing Cream "Enamoured" & Rimmel Mousse Blush "Frozen Cherry"


The Guerlain Bubble mousse blush (below) is the palest pink that I own & is more a splash of shimmer & sparkle for highlight than an actual "blush".



The Tarte "Green Siren" cheek stain leaves a lovely apricot shimmer to the cheeks & both of the Red Earth Illuminating Cream Blushes "Pink Breeze" & "Summer Love" (pictured L-R above) are a mousse consistency providing bright highlights of shimmer as well.

Whereas, the Bobbi Brown Cream Blush Stick in "Dusty Mauve" (below) is more brown toned than mauve & could be used for contouring depending on your skin tone.


I prefer to use foundation brushes to apply the cream or mousse blush but have recently started to use a stippling brush to place & blend the colour to give a natural finish.



2 comments:

  1. NYX boho chic looks right up my alley :) great swatches, my computer won't let me make the pics bigger though doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the Guerlain Bubble Mousse Blush!!!
    One of my fave's is Stila's Convertable Colour in Gerbera - great as a cream blush or for lips!




    www.fashionfantabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete